Thursday, February 17, 2011

Classic Confidence

I survived my Wednesday practice. Made it the 120 miles from Bayou Segnette State Park to where I plan to fish in the Venice area. I am really glad that I took the time on Wednesday to plan my route, and time my trip. I had to stop and get gas both ways on Wednesday! It was like winning a tournament just getting down there! I am so excited to start this classic, I feel so good going into it. If my day tomorrow goes as well as my practice on Wednesday did, I will be feeling really good about things. The one thing that makes me kind of uneasy is that I know that alot of the field is fishing in the Venice area, but not all of them made the run Wednesday like I did. So, I don't have a very good idea as to whether or not I am going to have my areas to myself. I guess I will find out tomorrow. The level of uncertainty is what makes this whole event so special anyway.

Tomorrow I am just going to go fishing. Well, I am going to go boating, and then I am going to go fishing. I am fishing the way that I like to, and I think that the fish are going to be coming to me these next few days. I have quite a few things going my way, and I am going to try my hardest to try and get this forward momentum to carry me through to another great Classic finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment