Monday, March 1, 2010

Great Week in Dallas

This past week we’ve been in Dallas spending time with family. Kind of a home away from home for us. I had a chance to catch my breath and relax a little bit so I could get myself refocused for the next tournament on the Delta. Also had some time to reorganize and prep my tackle for this trip out west. It’s always good to stay ahead of the game just in case something were to put us behind schedule. I had the chance to talk to a lot of people this weekend while working at the Bass Pro Shops Spring Classic, and I am blown away by all of the congratulations and well-wishes I received from fans. Thanks so much, your words are very appreciated!

While visiting the Bass Pro Shops in Garland, Grapevine, and Shreveport I had the pleasure of working with one of my all time Bass heroes…Tommy Martin. It was an extreme honor to compare stories and notes with a man that I remember watching give seminars at the Bass Pro in Springfield Missouri when I was young. What a cool experience! I also met the founder of the LSU Fishing Team while I was in Louisiana, and I have to say it is really refreshing to talk to these college-aged fisherman who are so passionate about the sport of bass fishing. While at the Spring Classic there was an impressive amount of people out buying fishing equipment, which is awesome. I also noticed that the Wright and McGill Skeet Reese Tessera Rods were being bought left and right. I am very proud and excited to be a part of the success and popularity of these new rods!

Now we’re back on the road again, heading out west. It’s going to be a long drive, but we are going to have some good family fun and plan on stopping at the Grand Canyon! I am very excited about fishing the Delta this year, as it suits my style of fishing very well. The tournament should set up to be a primetime pre-spawn/spawn flipping event, and I can’t wait to pull my new Tessera flipping sticks out of the rod locker and put them to good use. This will be my third trip to the Delta, and both times before I have earned a check, so I am looking forward to doing some good work there this year.

1 comment:

  1. Brent,

    It was really great to see at Bass Pro in Grapevine. Hard to believe 20 years ago I was watching you and Kevin fish the local tournaments. I forgot to get your card but my email is barry.mckinney01@gmail.com. Would love to take you out for a steak dinner or something next time you are in Dallas. And I don't think I really told you how Awesome I think it is that you took 5th in the Classic. Just fricken fantastic. Glad you are doing well and have a good family. Hope to hear from you down the road. Barry McKinney

    ReplyDelete