Monday, March 8, 2010

Arriving in California

We finally made it to California! The trip was very long, it took us about 25 hours to get here from Dallas. The drive out here is so beautiful, we really had fun despite the amount of time spent driving.

We got to stop at the Grand Canyon, and take in the beautiful sights (check out the pictures below). The kids and I got to throw snowballs over the rim of the canyon! When we were there that morning the temperature was 26 degrees, and by the time we arrived in California it was 75 degrees! So far the weather has been real nice for us out here, which is quite the relief given all the weather we have experienced in the last few weeks.

Being that we arrived early (we got here on the 4th) I have had a lot of time to prepare for this tournament. I am very excited to fish the Delta, and also very excited to fish Clear Lake. These tournaments are back to back, so I really used my extra time to prepare for two tournaments not just one. It looks as though this area has got some rain in the past weeks, the water is pretty muddy. Probably going to be fishing a pre-spawn style event. I can’t wait to get out on the water and check it out! I will let you all know how practice goes before the start of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment