Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July - Work Hard, Play Hard!

It is sure nice to be home. I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with family and friends, and not have to worry about the pressures of competition. Spent the 4th of July here at home with the family, and watched the fireworks show. It was a nice and relaxing weekend. I have been able to get out on Lake Quivira to do some fun fishing, which is always nice. We also just got a fish feeder for my parent's dock, which has been a real treat. The bluegills are already getting bigger and fatter, and you should see the giant carp that the feeder brings in! They're also pretty darn fun to catch too! You are probably saying, "What is a bass fisherman doing catching carp?" Well, I will tell you. It is fun for the kids, and it is easy, but more importantly I can use that time to learn how to fight fish better. Those carp are the ultimate fighters, and I can downscale my line and tackle and not get worried about breaking them off and become more adept at landing big fish on finesse tackle. At least that is what I am claiming anyway!

Next week is ICAST, and we are excited to get out to Vegas for a week. It is always fun to see all of the new products, and all of our old industry friends that we don't get to see as often as we would like. After ICAST, it will be time to start working on sponsorship details, and getting things ironed out for the next year.

This weekend I will be working a promo out at Roger's Sporting Goods for Tightlines and Trokar, which should be a good time. And, starting on the 17th, our church is starting a 5-sermon series on fishing, and will be utilizing me to help with the presentation of it all. So this month is shaping up to be a pretty exciting, and event filled month.

No comments:

Post a Comment