Friday, January 7, 2011

Closing One Chapter, Starting A New Chapter

Well, this deer season has been a real cat and mouse type of season. I never got my buck tag filled, which is alright I guess. I consider myself a good hunter, and don't need to put a buck on the ground every season. I took a few good does this season, and that is fine. I got to hunt the entire season, and feel fortunate to have been able to spend as much time in the stand as I did. Just the other night I was out to try and shoot a doe, and had a nice shooter buck come in within bow range! I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes though! Last Saturday I went out for the first day of doe season and got set up by 3:15, and had a doe dead on the ground at 3:45. I still have 2 more tags to fill, so I am going to do my best to get that taken care of this weekend.

Next weekend I am going out to Hill City with some friends to do a little pheasant hunting. I have been looking forward to this for a while. If we are lucky there will be some snow on the ground, and those late season pheasants will be holed up nice and tight in the grass. I'll definitely try and get some pictures of the hunt!

Right now I am starting to think about fishing a whole lot more. Production will start on my new boat this week, and my truck wrap will be all done next week. I am really excited about the way the weather is shaping up for the Classic. Right now New Orleans is on the dry side, which is going to make the fishing that much better. Right now the worst thing that could happen for the fishing down there is if a huge rainstorm blew through and dumped a bunch of rain into the delta. I think if it stays dry, we will be in for some good fishing.

We leave for New Orleans on February 6th, which is really coming up fast. There is still alot left to do, but I can't wait to get down there and get after my 10th Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment