Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I am Thankful for...Patience!

What a cool last couple of weeks it has been. We had so much fun in Florida, and it was such a neat experience for me. Bobbi and a team of other women comprised mostly of bass pro wives ran a relay race across the state of Florida...that's 200 miles! I am so proud of my wife, and was so pumped to be a part of her race and to be there to cheer her on! The race started at 6 a.m. on Friday the 19th and ended at 6 p.m. on Saturday the 20th. Bassmaster.com will have a feature on the event, so if you want to know more about it check it out on there.

As far as deer hunting goes, I am still 0 for 0 on big bucks! I know they're around, and I believe that my patience and persistence will eventually pay off. I just got some pictures of a real nice buck on my trail cam I have set up in LQ, so I am looking forward to running into him sometime soon. The Florida trip gave me an opportunity to take some time off from hunting. I have been hitting the woods so hard lately that I think I really needed a little breather. I approach my deer hunting in the same way that I approach a tournament. Stick with a game plan, be patient, and if what you thought was going to work out doens't then don't be afraid to make adjustments. Unlike most bow hunters, I absolutely love hunting the late season. The last few weeks of December have provided some of my best hunting experiences. So, I am staying optimistic, and am just trying to enjoy the time I get to spend outdoors. It is getting to be the time of year where I need to start redirecting my focus to the upcoming season...and the classic! I'm nowhere close to hanging my bow up yet, but I am going to be spending more time preparing for what's to come. We'll call it my happy balance between bassin and bowhunting!

Thanksgiving was good for us this year. Pretty uneventful, but did get to spend some quality family time at home, and I am always thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment